Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Up for Air

Hello there. Where have you been hiding? I've been working with my head down for a week or so. The beginning of the semester has had me on the run. It's mostly fun -- answering instructor calls and helping them get their courses online at the start of the semester. Here's to more regularly scheduled slacking soon.

I'm going to Cali! The tickets are bought and the Danish will be my hostess to a Valentine's day getaway in San Fran. I'm excited. Now I need to tell everyone I know and see if anyone wants to do a little meetup then. Mmmm, happy anticipation.

My 4 year old showed me some arm circles that her Stretch-n-Grow exercise teacher has them do (once a week at preschool). I did two sets of ten one morning and my triceps have been yiping every since. Lexi has a fine future in store as a personal trainer.

Of course I think she should learn to blow her nose first. She's had a cold and is freaked out by the suggestion that she should blow. So she just wipes underneath her nose until it's red and raw. This is just a little bit frustrating for Nod and me. But we can't blow her nose for her. Surely she'll grow out of this soon.

That's all I have time for today. More soon. Remind me to tell you about the Medieval reenactor novel.

2 comments:

Bee said...

I'm glad that you are back! I remember the deluge of work which accompanies each new semester.

Your trip to San Fran sounds fun. Has it been long since you were last there? Do you keep in touch with many friends from that era?

Perhaps you could demonstrate nose-blowing to Lexi . . . much in the same way that she demonstrated arm-circling to you.

amenaneri said...

Medieval reenactor novel. Do tell. I can't WAIT for you to come visit! I've got so many ideas for what to do with you. Ve must TAHLK, dahlink.

Let's see...you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

You can blow your friends (!), you can blow your nose, but you can't blow your friend's nose?

Mwah!
The Danish