Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday's bag of grab

Charming course name I came across today: Illumination Engineering I. I think I'd like to engineer some illumination.Oh and that reminds me, I found a recommendation for this book explaining electricity (written for ages 6 to 9). I've reserved it at the library. I still have hope that I will learn to understand electricity before I die.

Ahead of me at the dept. store checkout line on Christmas Eve morning was a woman buying among other things a fondue set and a "golf courses of the world" calendar. I'm still wondering, is she just not that into xmas? Or was she buying gifts for people she doesn't like?

For Christmas I gave myself a haircut from the really good cutter I used to go to. I've been going to the old lady beauty shop (cheap!) for a while now. But for a treat, I was ready for a better cut. And my hair is now even and the layers are really good. But what I want to know is, why can't my hair cutter make me look hotter? I just want a little more oomph and I keep thinking the hair will help. I guess when I see her at the end of January I won't beat around the bush: Sexy! Make with the sexy hair! Yup, that'll work.

My mother in law is taking the girls to see the Princess and the Frog right now. The 1:30p showing sold out so they had to go to the next one. I think it's sweet that so many people want to go to a G rated movie. I wish there were more of them. I wish Ponyo had come to our town's movie theaters.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm surprised anyone has to buy a fondue set, I'd have thought there were plenty at the backs of people's kitchen cupboards just begging to be given away...

Actually, I've got a chocolate fondue set some French friends gave me a couple of Christmases ago. Chocolate fondue is divine but I can't justify making one ever again. I used to eat them often when in student years made with Mars bars and marshmallows, and I was thin then.

Have a very happy New Year!

Nimble said...

Thanks Lucy, Happy New year and new decade to you!