Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hot time

My confession: today was the day that I threw out the broth I made from the turkey carcass I roasted on Dec. 27. But I did use some fresher homemade broth to make tortilla soup for my poor throat. So I figure that my competing scores as thrifty home cook vs. wasteful slattern have equalized and I'm probably back where I started.

Lexi has strep throat again. That makes three times for her this winter. She's not been very uncomfortable and lord knows I'm good at seeing the signs now. But I'd like this to be it now. I said to the walk-in clinic doc, "So we should be tested to see if one of us is a carrier, right?" He replied, "Or maybe you just got lucky." So I'm not sure what that means. I guess I'll leave a message for our family doc and ask for guidance. I want credit for finally getting my H1N1 vaccination on Friday. No one has offered me ice cream or a temporary tattoo yet.

Going to go put one more load of laundry in before leaping like a salmon into my bed. Hot Saturday night! Oh and first I watched Deuce Bigalow with my husband. I laughed through the whole thing. I may be blushing right now.

4 comments:

The Subtle Rudder said...

Well done, Nimble! Here's your reward: http://thisisnthappiness.com/post/352254236/tattoo-you

Nimble said...

Aww. It's an art prize!

amenaneri said...

Are you blushing because you found that movie funny or because of the Hot Saturday Night shenanigans you got up to?!

Bee said...

Your turkey broth story reminded me that I finally got around to making the chicken tortilla soup recipe (plus chipotles) you sent me. A big hit.

Camille had strep throat last week. She just finished up her antibiotics this morning. It seems to be one of the (many) downsides to winter.

I've never seen Deuce Bigalow . . . but if it makes you feel sexy . . .