Thursday, April 11, 2013

Salvage

Question: Is it worthwhile defrosting the old dented bananas I found at the bottom of the freezer shelf?
Answer: Yes! Make banana cake and do it now!
Recipe from Blue's Clues uses no butter, yes, really. 2 mashed bananas, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar (scant), 1/2 tsp baking soda, one pinch salt. Bake in greased/floured pan at 350 for 23 minutes. Can be frosted but perfectly good by itself.

Bun helped to make the zucchini muffins she wanted to take to school for her birthday. She was good help, is definitely ready to do more cooking stuff. She says she likes bringing zucchini muffins and grossing out her classmates. Once they smell the gingerbready smell and have a taste they are won over.

Kat was looking for fabric for a sewing project. She brought several things up from the rag bag and the fabric box in the basement. One item was a pair of pants Nod gave me several years ago. They are XL and swamped me at the time. Since then I've gotten thicker around the middle. I did make a feeble attempt to pin them up and hem them. But they're rayon and slippery and I couldn't get them as straight as I wanted and I never sewed them. Kat made a bag with a contrasting tie from some other scraps and I decided that it was time to rehabilitate these pants. I hemmed them quickly using a much lower standard for accuracy and wore them for pajama pants last night. So much turnover happening in my pj wardrobe, land sakes.

Question: Could a week long headache and extra tiredness be allergy symptoms even if I don't have a runny nose/sort throat?
Answer: Maybe. Zyrtec and a cup of coffee before my shower seemed to help enormously. I'll take it for a few days and see what happens.


No comments: