Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spa Day

Should you ever find yourself feeling scared and desperate about ordinary things, you should probably read Swistle's latest. She gives easy steps to being your own therapist. It's so full of gentle, practical self-love that it makes my toes curl. She even includes signs that indicate a real professional should be consulted. I'm in favor of counseling when needed and in favor of self-acceptance at all times. I am looking forward to trying this (maybe later today!) -- out loud.

I think we all need to look at something beautiful today. How about a closeup of the tiny rocks and ground down shells that are the grains of sand on a beach. That link is just one guy's photos but here's a tour of the world's beach sand magnified. Oh and now I've found a lovely rabbit hole, this page is a visual tour of the life in the sandy beach at Santa Barbara, California. I never knew about blood worms, they seem like something my father would have used for bait when surf casting. He used sand fleas, I loved digging those up on California beaches. Ahh, I can almost smell the sea.


No comments: