Monday, May 12, 2014

Grand

I made a rhubarb pie on Sunday. Yes an everloving pie with a crust and all. It was gone Sunday night and Nod was sorry the next morning he hadn't saved his 2nd piece for breakfast. I used this recipe for the crust and this one for the filling. But I put the crust in a pie pan and put the rolled out scraps on top. I loved it and I might do it again some time. I'd follow the JOC baking instructions next time, starting at 400.

I had quite a haul for mother's day. Nod gave me flowering plants for the pot on the porch a week early. The kids gave me hand-drawn cards, earrings, and an artisanal coaster. We went out to the park in the morning to play frisbee. It was gusty already and I thought we would be out of luck. But we went to the sunken basketball court that was enough out of the wind. Good fun. Bun can catch with one hand all of a sudden. I realized that our foursome is pretty well matched for disc flinging, we're not having to coach the kids with their throws or catches.

Nod and I went to see Grand Budapest Hotel in the afternoon. I'd been pestering him about it for a while and am glad we caught it at the indie movie theater. Kymm's review is on point. I loved the first half but didn't care for the second half as much. I think Moonrise Kingdom and The Royal Tenenbaums are my faves. The A/C in the theater had me chilled to the bone by the end and it was a relief to go outside into the windy, muggy heat.


No comments: