Friday, September 12, 2014

So Much Money, Honey

Going out of course, not coming in. The oil change revealed cracks in the timing belt. New timing belt and water pump for the 2006 Subaru? Done! There is a good side to this because I get to enjoy six months or so of the feeling that the engine is up to date and worry free.

Add an additional vet appointment for a dog who apparently licked a hole in her leg just because she was bored. This made me sob on the way home last night, thinking that this dog is now revealed as neurotic and high needs and I can't take it. I still don't know what to think about her. Sweet as the day is long. Stinks like a day old fish. Has gooey ear canals. Stink and gooeyness are because she is allergic to grass and trees and dust mites. Probably should have daily injections of allergy meds to make that better. Guess what doesn't sound like a fun addition to my daily routine? Even Kat, the most pro-dog among us, is unwilling to give shots. I don't think Nod is ready for that sort of daily grind. So, children, this is the moral of the story: pound dogs can be every bit as expensive as pure breds.

I guess I can look at it as a six month experiment. We can try the injections through March and see if things are better in general. Wish I could delegate someone to try this and report back.

I also wish I could go shopping and buy a really great pair of black walking shoes and a pretty shoulder bag and...

I haven't been able to exercise for a few weeks and it's not a good feeling. I need to make dates on the calendar for 5:30 jogs -- maybe that'll help it happen. Grrr.

Went to the library last night and brought home two books about Elizabethan daily life. Finished the Tess Monaghan novel I was reading. I liked the Baltimoriana but the villains didn't do much for me. I checked out a novel that's got characters from the Chinese zodiac, seems like it should be awesome or terrible.


============

Felt good to sing out my complaints above. Now it's later in the day and I've gotten through one workshop where I did my first bit of presenting. It went fine and I'm much encouraged. I need the practice and the only way to get it is to do it. Exhaling. I get to do my bit again at 4:00pm. It will be good for me. And it'll be lovely when it's done and it's wine o'clock.

No comments: