Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Oddballs

Voted all dems. To my surprise Nod reports he did the same with only two exceptions. Then I woke up this morning to hear that everything went to the Republicans. It makes me feel like a weirdo that my choice seemed very clear and yet goes against the majority. But eh, it's the rest of KS vs hippie Lawrence, a well established pattern. Sorry to hear that our county didn't turn out in great numbers. Even for the local candidate for governor. We obviously need a hemp initiative to get the hippies to the polls.

Super Sad True Love Story grabs me and then it doesn't. Hints of voyeur and pity. Probably will finish. Loved The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. A book-lover's book. Meta in a good way. 

Panoramic dental xrays for oldest child revealed a cyst above an upper canine. It's not pushing on the tooth but they referred us to an oral surgeon for removal. Under general anesthetic. Imagine me not stampeding toward that option. I got my chompers cleaned up yesterday and it reminded me that I do need to call and get a consultation booked. Want to find out why they want to do surgery rather than wait a year and see what happens. If it is just because surgeons need to fill their calendars then we'd rather not. Am going to have crown replaced. Feel good about stalling and think I am ready to get it done now. But ugh.

Unlike a star parent I allowed Kat to do her homework in front of Ocean's 12 last night. She earned it for baking banana cake which I then frosted with orange juice frosting, mmm. The kids and I didn't quite finish the movie, decided we like the soundtrack a lot. It's stylish and amusing even if it doesn't make much sense. The "Julia Roberts" interlude got under my skin a bit. Hoping that's done.



1 comment:

Zhoen said...

Straight dem here, too. Not that it helps in this area. But all my very local choices went in. And sending it in by mail ahead is wonderful. If only because I can ignore the last weeks of ads.

I never delay dental issues, having seen some worst case scenarios. But that's my own paranoia talking.