Thursday, January 29, 2015

Late Jan

Someday I'll see that deep blue sky again. Yesterday was our spring in January day and I opened up the house because it was warmer out than in. It was exhilarating. Kat came back joyous from teaching friends to do cartwheels in the park. We've had some lovely twilights this week. And the sun is lasting a little later in the evening. Exhale. Come on, you rain/snow forecast for Saturday, because we need the water.

I am preparing for the winter football ritual. I've invited some friends and hope to have a living room full. Maybe I'll go to church that day too and do all the rituals!

I'm contemplating combining Alton Brown's technique for carmelizing onions in the microwave and the Smitten Kitchen recipe for Carmelized Onion Gruyere Biscuits. (She even put the accent grave over Gruyere! That's attention to detail.)

My acne is flaring which has happened before at this time of year. Perhaps I'll drink another glass of water.

Nod has been suffering with a low grade something this week and was up in the night again. This morning he was gravelly voiced and looked a bit off-kilter. I hope he can get some rest tonight. Bun had one urpy day but felt better the next and never ran a fever. Lots of virii among us, may they all pass by.

Word salad misreading yesterday:  rectal wallpaper. It made me laugh out loud while driving.



No comments: