Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Good busy

Busy at work, busy at home. No playground for the devil here. I like the tidal wave at the beginning of the semester and the loss of the ability for future planning. We just react and field all these inquiries as best we can. We do really well with most of them. Makes me feel needed and in the moment. Plus I don't especially like the future planning and looking ahead.

Made Carmelized Onion and Cheddar Biscuits for the Superb Owl gathering. They were very good. Nod, Kat and I scrambled for the last of them yesterday. Too much butter to make often. But maybe I'll try a fusion of cheese and carmelized onions with the yogurt biscuits recipe. A little sin and a little of the high road. Bacchus brought a Quadruple Ale to our party, a genre which I'd never heard of. It predictably had a kick like a mule. I didn't need much. More beer tasting next weekend, IPAs which is Nod's favorite and not mine. I am sure to learn something. 

I've opted in for a church nerd road trip to see Nadia Bolz-Weber speak in the KC suburbs. She is the Sarcastic Lutheran and I think I heard her on the radio talking about the House for All Sinners and Saints in Denver. 

I can tell I'll be playing with this website a lot. It's a burning question: What should I read next?


2 comments:

Zhoen said...

I see what you did there.

Can I come to the beer tasting? Please, please...

Nimble said...

It's invitation only but should you make the journey I would squeeze you in. Or you could even start your own. My friend Bacchus loves beer and convinced a few friends that this is what we ought to be doing once a month. A couple of people volunteer to take on a variety and introduce the rest of us. First round was imperial stouts. Excellent winter project.