Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Conflict

Analog
Shreds of a dream: doing experiments with mid 20th century technology. We were in the past? So I was part of a team dressed early 60s office stylee and doing things with a heavy telephone handset and other metal bits. It was inspired by Ant Man and his safe cracking and diving-through-the-keyhole trials.

Tiny Fighters
Ant Man was more entertaining than I expected. We loved Michael Peña's Luis and especially his end sequence that tenuously connects Ant Man and Falcon. I see that MP was in The Martian too, I had forgotten. God bless Joss Whedon and the other Marvel script writers and massagers, all knitting these movies together.

We watched Creed over the weekend. It was as likable as the rotten tomatoes said. I was surprised at how tight the storytelling was. There weren't as many pointless training sequences set to music as I had expected. Rocky's old guy hat deserves an award of its own.

K is still campaigning to go see Deadpool in the theater. My initial interest in this waned as I read about a prominent anal sex joke and got a sense of the general tone. I don't think she'd burst into flame and disintegrate but I'd rather see it with one of my own age group.

Bunny Peril
Continues in our backyard. I don't know if it's from the same bunny nest but the cat was ripping out more fur nest lining in the garden this morning. I am disturbed.



No comments: