Friday, March 18, 2016

Muffin Attack

Glory Be
After reading Beth's recipe for Morning Glory Muffins I decided I must have them forthwith. I used a mishmash of ingredients: grated carrots, zucchini and apple. I chopped up some almonds and dried cranberries for the nuts/dried fruit elements, skipped the coconut. Used quick oats instead of oatbran. Triumph! I had three muffins for dinner and I would do it again. I think I'll buy some pecans to go in the next round. It made 18 muffins. I took them out of the oven after 25 minutes and they were perfect.

Ambition
Further muffin recipe perusing at Smitten has me convinced that I should make a loaf of carrot cake with a cider glaze and some lemon raspberry muffins.

Glaze me
Cider glaze instructions: Simmer 1 cup apple cider until reduced by half (recipe says 10 min). Add 2 T butter, dash of cinnamon, pinch of salt and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Stir in more powdered sugar if needed to get desired thickness.

Feebles
After my three muffins I settled down on the couch and nodded off. In order to concentrate the snooziness I moved into the bedroom to join my husband in his post workday nap. But that was only semi successful: he woke up and I couldn't. At a certain point I was trying to keep one eye open and talk to him. He told me to just get ready for bed already. I slept through til my alarm and woke up with a sore throat. My left tonsil is swollen and ouchy. I would like to blame my fatigue on stupid DST but perhaps there is also a virus involved.




No comments: