Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Lighter

I'm in love. In limerance. Yes, that's right, I can't stop thinking about Hamilton. This makes me feel thirteen and silly and that's okay! I still remember listening to the library cassette set of Sweeney Todd with earphones on and scaring myself in 8th or 9th grade. This makes for a very nice fantasy counterbalance to the heavy realities of national and international news. Oh you boys! I'm going to buy the CD to pay for all the youtubing and so I can sing my head off in the car. And not subject my spouse to this too much.

Last Friday night we went to the outdoor pool and got the greatest cloud show I have ever seen. Great towering piles arose and marched across the southern sky. Beautiful forms, white topped snowy pillars and gauzy grey layers and swooping streams of mist. I didn't catch the stalking line of sentinels but I took this picture after lightning was spotted and the lifeguards kicked us out of the water. The clouds came north and we had more lightning but no rain that night.


We went home and watched the bats swooping above us for a while. Bats!



1 comment:

Zhoen said...

I'm very fond of bats.