Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A feather on the breath of God

Eagles breeding successfully in Yosemite park. "They seem to be colonizing places beyond our wildest dreams." I am happy to see them rebound in the states. Just read that because fish populations are depleted in Maine eagles are eating more birds than fish. I am not an eagle but usually I don't eat fish except for catfish because I can't stand to eat ocean fish that can't recover. Also I live inland so why pay for coastal fish to be transported? Anyway, go eagles!

Day off resulted in clean laundry and baba ghanoush. Took kids on several errands. Was foiled by DMV, both times we dropped by all the waiting chairs were taken and it didn't look possible. I did learn where to get the handbook online so that the 14 y.o. can study for her learner's permit test. Maybe we'll get there before she's 15. But maybe not.

I was not full of refreshment but it was good to have some time not at the job. Trying to get back to work now. Can you tell?

Cat had a limp last weekend but after I worried for enough days it got better. She seems to be almost back to normal now. She is avoiding the new cat food (with the stupid name 'i and love and you') that I switched to. I will go and see if I can find the previously acceptable no-grain Iams to mix in. On the other side of the coin, she was pleased by the linens I spread over chairs to dry in the sun. Instant cat pavilion.



3 comments:

Lucy said...

Like the post title, it's a cd of Hildegard of Bingen music I've got.

Nimble said...

I saw the phrase somewhere and it rang a bell. I may have that CD too! somewhere...

Zhoen said...

The HofB recordings I have are all Anonymous 4.