Thursday, August 11, 2016

Compete

Many competing plans for this weekend. I am glad that the forecast is not cooperating with star gazing since I would rather get my hair cut than camp on Saturday. Oldest wants to ride the buses and get a sense of how that's going to work. Then she has a sleepover planned Saturday night. She proposed a family outing for Ethiopian food on Sunday. I would like a non-food-related family activity as well. Frisbee last week was great. 'All that I was hoping parenting would be', as a friend said about jumping in the salt water waves with her 10y.o.

Olympics are inspiring the kids. I was repelled by the Brazilian messed up priorities, protests, economic stupidity. But even I couldn't look away from the women's team gymnastics. And this photo. They are good smilers.

Today I learned that there is such a thing as women's cricket in the UK. "Vipers reach Finals Day despite Edwards duck." What a lovely foreign language.


2 comments:

Zhoen said...

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/08/the-olympic-quote-that-should-be-heard-round-the-world/495653/

"I’m not the next Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps,” she said. “I’m the first Simone Biles.”"

All kinds of wins going on.

Nimble said...

Yes, my husband showed me SB's quote. Excellent!!