Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Glowy

In cars
Sweet gumdrops but I do love Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Margaret Cho teaching Jerry the word 'intersectional'. Jerry telling Kathleen Madigan that they're not really walking down the street, they're in a show. Clips of Will Farrell's SNL audition where he rolled around on the floor playing with cat toys in front of an empty theater. All good stuff. I even enjoy the car geekery although that is not my thing.

No never
Nod sent a message to a friend he hadn't heard from for a while. She responded right away and promptly invited him to an essential oils party she's having at her house this weekend. We both laughed and laughed at the idea of him attending. He's sensitive to strong scents and uninterested in MLM businesses. But it's good to know she's out there and keeping busy.

Sweet dream
Here are lyrics to the song recently featured on One Word. Gentle and ah. Someone compared Eleni Mandell's music to Tom Waits' ballads and that feels right to me. The houses getting undressed is my favorite image.

Eleni Mandell - Moonglow, Lamp Low

Moonglow, lamp low
All I need is a rainbow
And true love
Just like sugar in my coffee

Moonbeam sleeping
All I need is a sweet dream
And true love
Just like honey in my tea

The sky says goodbye
With the wink of an eye
Bright blue yawning to the west
Windows are shining
As the sun goes down fighting
And the houses on the hill
Are getting undressed

Moonshine dreamtime
All I need is a goldmine
And true love
Just like sugar in my coffee

The sky says goodbye
With the wink of an eye
Bright blue yawning to the west
Windows are shining
As the sun goes down fighting
And the houses on the hill
Are getting undressed

Moonglow, lamp low
All I need is a rainbow
And true love
Just like sugar
True love
Just like honey
True love
Just like sugar
In my coffee
Coffee
Coffee

1 comment:

Zhoen said...

I loved the episode with Obama. There is a British version as well.