Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Low tide

Let's see what's washed up on the mind's beach today.

Greek island
Speaking of beaches... I always enjoy pretending to be David Lebovitz while reading his blog. Internationally recognized food writer married to a Frenchman and living in Paris? Why certainly! This blog entry about his vacation in September may be the most vicarious fun of all.

By the pitcher
From David L's mention, Ina's recipe for a pitcher of margs.

Écoutez
Metafilter thread recommending podcasts in French.

Repetition
I have just walked into the corner of my desk again with my left thigh. This must be the fourth time I've done that since moving to this office. After minor cussing and gasping I am still walking. Very frustrating. (Tho' I suppose not being able to walk would be even more frustrating.)

Heptapods
We went to see Arrival on Sunday. It flattened me. I was crying for lots of reasons by the end of the movie. But what a clever, moving piece of work it is.




No comments: