Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Three

Pod people
AV Club recommends podcasts. I'm particularly interested in the McElroy boys' show.

Rebuke and thrust
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

It should be drawn as a comic book. It has a fine stompy superhero feeling. I didn't know Catholics ever prayed to angels. Wikip confirms that ths one is pretty recent (late 1800s) from Pope Leo the thirteenth. I don't think I can use this prayer, hell is not something I have any use for. But maybe I need to find a good martial prayer to help me through the next four years.

Bread, man
I started looking at easy bread recipes recommended by mefites. This could require some thorough testing and tasting.
Whole wheat sandwich bread .
Easiest bread baked in a bowl. This looks like it takes more work but I'm intrigued.
No Time Bread. 2 packets of yeast per loaf may discourage me from this one.
Oat Soda Bread. From Heidi Swanson and friends. This one requires oat flour. I don't know if my little processor will grind the oatmeal enough but I look forward to trying it.


No comments: