Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Bluebonnet lupinus texensis

Drove down to Austin, Texas and returned. Luckily our spring break did not overlap with UT's or with SXSW. Just us Kansas nerds running around. Lived to tell the tale but not without a slow radiator leak and a bad day where I swore blue fire in front of my MIL. In my defense she had just jammed my credit card into the wrong slot in a garage parking meter and couldn't get it out. (I finally remembered that I had tweezers and retrieved it.) I am glad to have seen the bluebonnets (all over! wonderful!) and felt the warm temps of March at latitude 30.267. I'm sorry that we didn't have a transporter. It would have made everything better.



Slow day? Need something provocative? Here's a page of recommended fanfic pieces from Metafilter. Includes a link to a piece about the hypothetical Eartha Kitt/ Paul Newman/ James Dean threesome.


2 comments:

Joolie said...

I'm so glad you got to see them! I have a patch in my front yard and it makes me so happy. A lot of Texas doesn't live up to its own hype, but bluebonnets are something special.

Nimble said...

They are wonderful! I was surprised to see them in yards and pots as well. Go bluebonnets!