Friday, March 10, 2017

Sprang

Hot tub in a tree picture is from a local journalist covering the effects of the 3/06/17 tornadoes in the Kansas City environs. The worst was all to the west of us. It was fun to see a big storm blow in and I'm glad we got rain. Storm season started with a bang.

Sneezeweed. The Feds tell us that the name is from the use of this dried plant (leaves and flower heads) as snuff. Such a pleasing Seussian name.

Have you heard about the Order of the Teaspoon? Making me cry here.

Turning 50 means that I do things like google jeans-for-mature-women. I have been dealing with wrinkles for a while now. But as I close out another not-so-fit winter, I find that in addition to wrinkles there is also droop. Sob with me now. Surprisingly that search string brought up a good page with info on figuring out one's shape and what rise will be most flattering. More deets hidden below.

If you have any fond memories of BtVS on tv you should read this interview with James Marsters. I'm so happy he feels positive about that chapter of his career. Oh and here's the AV Club's whole week of anniversary goodness.




Measure the distance from your armpit (A) to your natural waist (W).
Then measure from your waist (W) to your bottom of your buttocks (B).
If the distance from armpit to waist is less than the distance from your waist to buttocks, then you have a short waist. Sometimes this is called a high waist.

If the measurement is longer then you have a long waist or sometimes it is referred to as a low waist.

Here's the equation:

B=buttock
W=waist
A= armpit
A/W>W/B= Low waist or long waist
WB>AW= High Waist or short waist
WB=AW= Balanced or normal waist
Now that you know this, you are in a better position to select a pair of jeans which will suit you.

For women with a short waist, stay away from high rise jeans. Opt for jeans which are a normal or lower rise as this will lengthen the look of the torso.

For those who have a low waist selecting a pair of jeans with a higher rise will give the illusion that your legs are longer.

For those whose measurements were equal, you can wear either high or low rise jeans depending on your preference and the overall look you want to achieve.

Recommended:
Lee curvy fit straight leg jean
Talbot straight leg (they have curvy fit too)

4 comments:

Zhoen said...

I have accepted being fluffier now than ever before. And I wear so many "men's" clothes.

Zhoen said...

We need a US Order of the Teaspoon. Maybe Order of the Coffee Cup?

Minnie said...

Had I not read the article before seeing the photograph I would have thought that fashionable small spoon was meant to serve the same substance it did in the '70s.

Nimble said...

@Zhoen: I'm going to hit the thrift stores. I have good luck looking for natural fibers and experimenting with cheap stuff. It's when I buy retail that I lose my sense of self.
@Minnie: lol. It hasn't been that long, has it?