Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Snaky

Going to California this weekend. I am a little avoidant and a little panicking about the prep I haven't done. I just emailed the Danish with my itin. Proof that this blog is an external thought tool for me. Worry in writing and then take action. I'm worried we're going to spend the whole time looking for buses while the graduating senior skives off to be with his friends. (Which is what I'm sure I did as a graduate.) Well, we will enjoy each other's company and eat well too. I'm really looking forward to seeing the wonderful and dynamic AM.

I need to make a big stir fry to use up all the stupid fresh vegetables I just bought. I guess if I stir fried it all I could freeze it for the delight of future me.

I mowed front and back on Sunday and Monday. It can just grow long while we're gone. The pet sitter is booked and we'll give her the key tomorrow. The dog needs an allergy injection but she's already bathed.

Breathing in and out. Have you see the lovely geometric figure that expands and contracts to help steady your breathing? The gif is at the bottom of a post by The Bloggess. Nina Paley has a snake goddess animation that I think could be used for the same purpose. Here's her gif. I wonder if the html will break...


snake goddess6gif_5


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, we'll have fun, no matter what we do. Even if it's just getting cozy and chatting. Can't wait to meet your grown up girls and see Nod. Been SOOO long! I question whether I'll be very dynamic, however, after a long weekend of funeral and choir concerts. I'll more likely be an exhausted lump, but smiling to see you!

XOXO,
The Danish

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, we'll have fun, no matter what we do. Even if it's just getting cozy and chatting. Can't wait to meet your grown up girls and see Nod. Been SOOO long! I question whether I'll be very dynamic, however, after a long weekend of funeral and choir concerts. I'll more likely be an exhausted lump, but smiling to see you!

XOXO,
The Danish

Nimble said...

That'll be just my speed then. Thanks for being willing!