Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Beachy

Watching our two kids proceed through security and disappear into the gate area at the airport was weird. The TSA agent checking their IDs looked around so I waved at him. He said, "I thought you'd be nearby somewhere." Leaving the airport without them felt a bit wrong. Soon I will do the swa checkin for their flight tomorrow. I'll fill up the car with gas tonight. Later on I'll talk with them and my mom. I'm glad to be ticking off the things that get me closer to seeing them.

Just read a pastor's tweet (ha! twitter is the modern home of the cri de coeur) that I'll paraphrase as "if there's no transcendental being with love and compassion for us limited humans then what are we all doing here?" In my opinion we humans get to be the transcendental and the limited, all at the same time or by turns.

L and her friend K want to go to Disneyland when they are old enough to travel on their own. They are the perfect twosome to have great time with the Mouse. Parking this here for reference: http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi-disneyland-ride-wait-time/  July 2017.

Sea glass, lovely sea-smoothed bits of color. It would be fun to make a sea glass window. A wonderful woman posted her technique lo these many years ago. In short: use plexiglass for the background and then glue the pieces of sea glass on with E6000 glue. It would be fun to find a cool frame first and put eye bolts on the top to hang in front of a window. I'm imagining being on the beach enough to find all the sea glass...

History of art in French, anyone? I'm trying to read a little bit and limber up the brain.

The milkweed in the front is budding. I haven't seen any monarchs on it but it still makes me happy.

I didn't realize how very oddly shaped wombats are. The fact that they poop in cubes is not any stranger than the vast distance between the eyes.

No comments: