Thursday, July 13, 2017

Moving and shining

Recovering
Up sick in the night. I stayed home the next day. I am back at work but still feeling a bit weak. Not sure what that was about. No one else in the fam got sick. Maybe I'll try planks again tonight.

Throaty
Biopsy will be next Friday 8am. I called to ask what to expect. The nurse I spoke to was bad at explaining. Then the connection went out and the call was cut off. I may try asking someone else. Google says I should be able to drive home and go back to work after.

Bush of Whos

Compound flower puffballsButtonbush. These flower balls, each whiskered with pistils, looked perfect and Seussian. L spotted them beside the lake as we waited for our turn to kayak. She brought up the Whos on the teeny ball on the flower that Horton hears. And then I realized that the Grinch was as teeny as the Whos -- mindblown.

Strawberry Ice Cream Moon
We got to watch the full moon rise over the lake on 7/8. It was faint pastel pink as it came up. Got brighter and brighter white as it rose further from the horizon. Beautiful twilight water colors. And a bright moonpath over the water before we left. No pix because kayaks and cameras don't mix.

Can you accept what you are?
Self-care basics. This is attitude and practice, not something you buy. I love #1 - feel your feelings without judging them. Such a big hurdle to cross to my adulthood.

Take off
D├ęcollage in French means take-off / lift-off. I had to look it up so I'm putting it here. De-glue-ing is one literal deconstruction of the word. The plane is unglued from the ground!

Twitter doggo concern
Chris Evans' dog is oooookay.

3 comments:

Anne Marie Borch said...

Ooh, just saw that Lyle Lovett and his Large Band would be in Lawrence on July 27th!
http://lied.ku.edu/ Are you a fan? His large band shows are some of the best things out there--so much great music, great musicians, fun, funny. You may already be going, but if not, I think you'd love it!
XO,
The Danish

Nimble said...

I saw that LyleLyleCrocodile would be in our burg at the end of the month. I remember listening to his music in your car. I am thinking it over.

Anne Marie Borch said...

Hey there, what do you think of this reading list? I'm a little insulted that she thinks Bridget Jones Diary perfectly captures me (although Anne of Green Gables isn't bad for when I'm in a quieter space) but some of the other books are intriguing. Thought you might like that last one by Louise Penny--looked up your alley---French! Mystery!
http://modernmrsdarcy.com/summer-reading-mbti/