Friday, August 11, 2017

White Rose

My favorite bit from the new Spiderman movie is that when he goes to the Homecoming dance he's wearing a white rose in his lapel. It's so Galahad, virginal knight. Despite its blockbuster slot, the movie paid attention to tone and small signals. Oh, I also liked, "Hey Spiderman, do a flip!!" a whole lot. And Ned! I was successful in having low expectations for this one and was really charmed. I smiled a lot. The Avengers stuff in this did not charm me. All very military-industrial complex.

Windows 10 displays an icon in the middle of the screen before login. It's a generic user, the suggestion of a head on shoulders. Or is it a very depressed cyclops?







No world news here. I am resolutely turning the radio down when djt comes on. I'll be trying to get the kids ready for their start of school next week. I'll be wondering if we'll have clear skies for the eclipse in ten days. I'll be tending to my dog in the cone of shame.

She's worn it so long now that she's willing to bump it into the floor and obstacles now. Originally she wouldn't even lay down with it on so she's adapted a lot. I'm sorry for her but she's chewed the scab off her foot over and over and we've got to do what it takes to let that heal completely. Maybe she can spend the second half of August without a cone on her head.

Lots of painted lady butterflies have visited the Joe Pye weed that we have in the front yard:



No comments: