Friday, August 14, 2020

Smoke 'em if you got 'em

I'm surprised by a little dip in the work requests today. We were hopping last week but this week must be the calm before the storm. I will remember to breathe and take care of administrivia and so on. 

I'm reading The Library Book for my next book club meeting and it's just as good as I had hoped. I thought I had read one of Susan Orlean's nf books before but now I don't think so. I think I just know her from New Yorker articles. It's sort of a comfort read but also, like so much else, a melancholy reminder of the lost world we all lived in as recently as the beginning of this year. 

I have just ordered the other book group's book The Old Man and Me by Dundy. But got email from the bookstore that it's back-ordered and may be weeks. So I will check in with that gang soon to see if they have it and still want to meet on time. I haven't read The Dud Avocado and it's been on my list for a long time. The library has that one so maybe I'll substitute while waiting. 

Intrigued to hear about the Tom Holland flick coming to nflx. Will probably watch the second season of Umbrellas. Having a good time revisiting Scrubs. 

Things picked up before lunch so I don't think we'll have a sleepy afternoon.  



No comments: