Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Crisp

 

blue sky with clouds, a large building on the right with a stair step edge, a green tree at the bottom, two buildings in the lower left background.

Taken Sept. 7, 2026 in downtown Albuquerque, near the Cathedral of St. John. I liked the lighted cloud textures, the blue sky and the building edge. But now looking at the photo I like how each building and the tree look like they could have been photoshopped in. All very crisp and separate.   

We went to a sound bath at the cathedral. Nod was surprised I would go, but this was the retired philharmonic percussionist I saw at Chatter once. I was surprised how much I liked that. Last night was the free monthly event. Majority white woman in attendance, no surprise. I don't see the appeal of lying down and actually falling asleep. I heard Nod start to (very quietly) snore and touched his leg gently. I enjoyed meditating and watching the colors and shapes inside my eyelids. 

The Overlook string quartet at Chatter last Friday was wonderful. I particularly liked the Esmail piece This Is It; they played four movements. One of the movements was named Billows and the last was Warp and Weft. The viola player got lost at the beginning of the first movement so they stopped and restarted. It was so spontaneous and honest it made me smile through the rest of the piece. I need to save the Chatter Late listings ahead of time because they wipe them out as soon as the event starts and don't use printed programs. Sometimes I require documentation after the fact, darnit. 

What difficulties we all have. What a vale of tears at times. 

Finally got to watch Carrington with Emma Thompson, Jonathan Pryce, Rufus Sewell and other recognizable Brit actors of the 90s. I very much enjoyed the performances but recognizing all the actors took me out of the story a bit. I wasn't slain by the ending but appreciated the practical and determined way she went about her exit. Sad but understandable. Such a lot of mismatched sexual energy in that story.   

Blue Flax Women's V-Neck | whistberry's Shop  Having a sale right now but I am not in a spending space. 


No comments: