I know someone's done it, but I've never seen it, and I am so frustrated that I can't find a way to type it so it would be read correctly. Yell the word "Con" à la Shatner's great scream line in that Star Trek movie: Khaaaaaan!
I went to Bubonicon with the Danish and her Consort. It was great and I got to hear a bunch of authors speak. I went and had some books signed. It is the first and last time I'll do that I think. I'm not a fan of waiting in line in general. And the compressed social interaction is odd. I had rumination about my book signing interactions - one of which was good and successful! one of which was awkward! - all night. The costumery and fan/gamer events are not for me. My delight is all about the booky book books of course.
Speaking of the Danish and Co, they had a grand week of entertainments recently. Cultural stuff every day for a while. It included an opera premiere at the Santa Fe Opera that came with an Act I violent thunderstorm. D said she was grinning the whole time as the rain spray reached them - in the back of the upper balcony! The orchestra was drowned out by thunder at times and parts of the stage were getting wet as well. A clash of dramas. Gotta love rain in NM no matter how it arrives. I do love a storm.
I'm going to the last Chatter at the Museum night tomorrow. I've hit 3 of the 4 this year and I love them. It's a great space and also freeee.
I'm going to the Y after work today. It's been too long. I had a meeting with a trainer and then immediately went on my Portland trip and haven't retained much. Trying to see what I can try of that and not get in a guilt-avoidance thing about it. Or maybe I'll just go jog.
We had games with Gem on Monday. She's mostly healed after neck surgery earlier this summer. But in pain - different but still daily and impacting her work. Awful. I will hope that the coming months will allow it to shift and lighten. Surgery recovery always takes longer than expected. She brought Azul and Skyjo, my faves. I was lucky in Skyjo and won. I'm not very good at Azul strategy but am finally absorbing some of it. A picked it up quickly.
I know we don't use this verb any more but look who's blogging: mimi smartypants - Seriously, though: what's with the penguins? !
No comments:
Post a Comment