Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Hunger For Books

This is an important list: Queernorm Worlds: 37 Fantasy Books with No Homophobia. I can already vouch for many on the list and look forward to reading more!!

I have shared Cat Sebastian's writing with two good friends who are both appreciating her smart, sweet, historical and wonderfully smutty romance novels. I am full of smug satisfaction at these successful recommendations.

I'm having a hard time settling down to read my next two book group books (Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises and Once I Was You by Hinojosa). So I am allowing myself to start the fun books first. I'll do the dutiful reading closer to our meeting times. I'm in the middle of the latest Jeeves book. This Bertie is a bit too smart but he'll do as the whole confection hits all the right notes. 

And Drama

Currently enjoying the Nflx subscription - I am working through the big French soap Call My Agent and the lavish Russian-flavored fantasy Shadow and Bone. I recently tore through reading The Ninth House which was written by Leigh Bardugo who penned S&B. I also started the 4th season of Community but it appears that I skipped season 3, I may need to go back. 

Wondering when I will go inside for entertainment in the future. Not ready yet. I was trying to find in the blog the last movie I went to before lockdown but I don't see it noted.  

Good Will Music

Came across this pandemic live studio recording by the Mountain Goats: the Jordan Lake Sessions (Volume 1). Lots of good stuff here and JD clearly misses his live audience as much as it misses him. Wow, the keyboard/sax/guitar/? player is mvp amazing. The concert was a benefit for the Native American Heritage Assoc. which is worth supporting.     

Fiesta Blankets

Just followed a metafiter link to https://fiestafactorydirect.com/. They have blankets and sheets among other stuff. I like the Made in America angle.  

2 comments:

amenaneri said...

You should be smug...best recommendation ever! I loved seeing you in ABQ. Love you forever....

Nimble said...

LOVED the ABQ get together except for the shortness which should be cured in Oct. Love back, sweets.