Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Less desirable funk

Fri 11/05 Guh. I interacted with an unhappy client today. He's unpleasant and doesn't want to work with me. I feel the same. I have attempted to palm him off on my supervisor, hopefully that will be adequate for all concerned. I am trying to get over feeling small and defeated. Updated: It took until after lunch but I came out of the funk. Palming off seems to have accomplished my goal.  

My oldest child has asked me to mail her newspaper crossword puzzles. I am delighted by this request, I'm going to try and get a few sent off to her today. Oldest is turning 20 on the 23rd of this month. A score of years! a fifth of a century! I'm going to claim her as an achievement even though I didn't whittle her from a block of stuff, she was more the leaping out, fully formed, sort. It's good to be fellow travelers with her on this slice of temporal reality.

Maybe she needs a full spectrum light while she's living in the lake effect zone. My youngest child hasn't asked for anything lately and that concerns me. Update: it's tech week for the high school musical and I was able to give her cash for food. L is doing sound/mics for this show and also working hours at the city Arts Center. After the h.s. show wraps she'll have rehearsals and perfs of the Kansas Nutcracker.  

We'll be figuring out our xmas travel plans this week. MIL wants to see us and we need to decide if we go to Austin or host her here. I ordered and received some cute toys for xmas for my nuclear family members. Spouse may be set. I want to find more small things for both girls. And Oldest is still a puzzle. 


No comments: