Monday, August 2, 2021

ventrilosurprise


I remembered an artist who painted NM mesas, mountains and clouds as flattened pastel shapes in the 1980s. The name was something short and male like Mike Post. I was going to grill my h.s. friends in October about this but I have stumbled upon the answer: Doug West. He created a lot of work in the 80s and his posters were everywhere in northern NM. The color in the paintings is more vivid than I remembered. I think I was remembering sun-faded posters. If I had stupid money I'd buy this print now: La Tetilla Peak. Or maybe this one Afterglow. Or Cielo, or Heaven's Way. Clearly I needed to look at his art now.

A typo that deserves a special award is on this page:

This location is just behind Daiquiri, New Mexico, home of O'Keefe.

Nope! there is no Daiquiri, NM. I'm guessing that's auto-correct's reaction to Abiquiu.

 

Why can I not edit the blog list on the side of the page? That's new.


This story is high quality:


Also saving this tumblr link: Iceblink that reposted it.  



No comments: