Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Heat / Maintenance

Swamp cooler came on just before 9a on July 11. The forecast highs are expected to be 100 or above for the next week. And lows will be in the 70s which is what ensures that we will be warm for the duration. There's a chance for thunderstorms in the afternoons but it doesn't seem like cooling monsoon. Hopefully  

We've learned more about how to use the swampies plus fans for best results. Nod wants to check into getting a refrigerated air unit for our bedroom. There's something called a ductless mini split (sounds like a liver condition? skin-baring skirt?) that would work. I'd also like to get an exhaust fan for the garage that our bedroom shares a wall with. 

Our sewer line needs to be replaced and I've got one estimate. I have another company to call. 

I was very brave last Sunday when I was stung by a wasp on the sole of my foot. We were at a city pool which was refreshing and very retro. We get a discount because we're over 50 so it's almost free. Lots of families and a very relaxed atmo. Nothing fancy, no diving board or slide but I will be happy to go back. And I will watch for wasps more carefully when I do.   

Prints by Lizzie Wenger

No comments: